Principally, the purpose of this role is to help tell our stories through various forms of media and provide expertise on effective communication of both corporate and ministry-specific messages. The Communications Director serves to output information to the congregation of and the community surrounding River of Life Alliance Church (RLAC).and participate as part of the Creative Team, brainstorming and envisioning way to communicate with our congregation and community.
- revamp and maintain the church website via Squarespace
- manage web communication and the church's social media accounts
- reproduce and distribute sermon messages on a weekly basis
- assist with printed communication as needed
- attend weekly staff meetings
- scheduling and assigning volunteers as needed regarding production and communications
Must have proficiency in church database systems (Planning Center, CCLI, etc) and programs for media and livestream needs (Microsoft Office Suite, YouTube Studio, OBS, ProPresenter 7, etc)
The chosen candidate must be available to participate in Sunday worship services handling livestream duties. A goal for the summer would be to recruit and train a sustainable team of volunteers for livestream and media work.